Obtaining a Police Report
Police Incident Reports may be obtained by any Virginia Citizen. If you would like to obtain a police report, please insure that you:
- Provide adequate government issued picture id (Driver’s License, ID card, Passport, Etc.)
- Provide incident report number or information in reference to the Incident (date incident occurred, location of incident, name of person involved, etc.)
- Certain information from these reports must be redacted for protection of personal information as well as the sensitive nature of the investigations.
- For more information, call 757-562-8577.
Accident Reports for people interested in receiving reports in reference to vehicle accidents cannot be obtained through the Franklin Police Department. Requests must be submitted to the DMV in Richmond Virginia. You can obtain the request form by:
- Visiting the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Website and downloading form CRD 93 (click here to download the PDF). Keep in mind that there is a fee for the report. Look under the How to Request section for information on how much your request will cost and how you can submit it
- You may also pick up a Request form by stopping by the police department and picking one up.
Make sure all requests for Accident Reports are sent to:
Customer Records Work Center, Room 514
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
Post Office Box 27412
Richmond, VA 23269
Fax: (804) 367-0390.