The following public resources are available on this website:
- Crime Mapping from RAIDS Online
- Information on Identity Theft
- Information on Runaway Children
- Franklin Police Department Property and Evidence Unit
- Safety Tips: Including Child Safety and Internet Safety
The following public resources are available from third party providers:
RAIDS (Regional Analysis And Information Sharing) Online is a Crime Mapping tool available to the general public.
RAIDS Online is a third party information sharing system.
- To use the system, click this link or image above and use the filters on the left side of the screen.
- Click an Icon on the map for more details.
- Use the filters below the search fields for more advanced filtering options including Date Range, Event, and Offenders.
Search the Sex Offender Registry
Search the Sex Offender Registry: Virginia State Police Sex Offender Registry
(You must agree to the Conditions and Use before proceeding).
Sex Offender and Crimes against Minors Registry Program
The Sex Offender and Crimes against Minors Registry program is statutorily provided through Chapter 9, of Title 9.1 of the Code of Virginia.
The registry, including the Public Notification Database, is based on the Virginia General Assembly's decision to facilitate access to publicly-available information about persons convicted of specified violent and sexual offenses. The Virginia State Police has not considered or assessed the specific risk of re-offense with regard to any individual prior to his or her inclusion within this registry, and has made no determination that any individual included in the registry is currently dangerous. The main purpose of providing this data on the internet is to make the information more easily available and accessible, not to warn citizens about any specific individual.
Statues Requiring Registration
Adult individuals found within the registry are included solely by virtue of their conviction record and applicable state law. Offenses which require registration can be found at Statutes.
How Do I Report Information on a Registered Sex Offender?
Information regarding a particular offender can be submitted through the Tips icon located on each offender's webpage.